9am to 5:30pm Mon-Fri

SelfBuild Pro Insurance

Get a quote

If you’re building a property with the intention of either selling or renting, our Selfbuild Pro Insurance could be for you. It is designed specifically for commercial or professional self-builders, who are building one or more properties.

SelfBuild Pro Insurance recognises the commercial aspect of your undertaking, and so includes additional cover, such as extra plant hire cover, employers' liability insurance and cover against liability for potential damage to adjacent buildings. For more information give us a call, or request a Callback today.

Who is this for?

keysPlanning to build a new house to sell or rent out on completion

pound signAlready have a plot intended for your self-build project

uk mapBuilding in the UK or Northern Ireland

Product Features

housePublic Liability of up to £5M to protect you and your project against a wide range of risks

contentsEmployers’ Liability of £10M to cover the cost of your liability as the employer of your self-build project

waterContract Works up to £1M per build, Materials, Hired-In & Owned Plant. Includes site liabilities before work starts

Why us?

20 plusOver 20 years experience in the insurance industry

24hrFriendly support from our UK based team

zurich logoUnderwritten by Zurich, a major global insurer

Get a quote

Why do I need Selfbuild Pro insurance?

Building a new home to rent or sell is a commercial endeavour. You could be building multiple properties or be working to a strict timeline. Our SelfBuild Pro insurance offers quality cover for commercial or professional self-builders. This cover includes up to £5M of Public Liability insurance, and £10M of Employers’ Liability insurance, which is a legal requirement if you employ people to work on your self-build site. Contract Works covers the part-completed structure if it’s damaged or destroyed. Choose from £50k to £1M per build, helping ensure that your project has adequate cover as it starts to have a value. Cover for Hired-in Plant, Owned Plant, Tools and Materials cover are also included. View our Policy Summary to find out more.

What does it cover?

Our SelfBuild Pro insurance is designed to cover you from the point at which the build phase starts, until building is completed. You can also insure your self-build plot before build work starts with our Site Liability cover. This is a flexible policy with cover periods of 3,6,9,12 ,18 & 24 months - to suit your project. This can be extended should you require it.

Quality product

We’ve worked closely with Zurich, a major global insurer, to offer a unique policy that can be tailored to your self-build project and provide the security you need.

Dependable team

With over 20 years in the insurance industry, we’ve learned a lot about what people really want from their cover. You can speak to our UK based team if you need further information about our product. You will also have access to a 24-hour claims helpline.

Get a quote

SelfBuild Pro cover at a glance…

Selfbuild Pro
Public liability
up to £5 Million
Employers’ liability
£10 Million
Cover length
3, 6, 9,12, 18 & 24 months (can be extended)
Contract Works
Up to £1M per build
Tools insurance
Additional cover
The option to cover your plot with our Site Liability insurance before the build works start
Period of cover
From the start of build to completion
tick1 Planning to build a property to sell or rent out on completion

tick1 Already have a plot intended for self-build project

tick1 Building in the UK or Northern Ireland

If you need further information call us on 0800 230 0225 to speak to one of our UK based team between 9am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday. Alternatively, complete our Call Me form and one of our specialist team members will give you a call.

Get a quote


Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.

Download documents

Our Policy Wordings may be found here.

Other useful tips

News and Views about homes and self-building.

We also offer Site Liability insurance, Renovation & Conversion and Structural Warranty policies. If you’re looking to move into the completed self-build property, please visit our SelfBuild insurance page.

Get a quote
SelfBuilf Public Liability
feefo stars
Provided by
feefo logo